Thursday, January 20, 2005

First one

So, this is my first official post. Thank you for the wonderful gift, my dear Reep. Ironically, I just sent you an e-mail updating you on my comings and goings. Although there really isn't much to tell. As lives go, mine is pretty simple these days. So for the rest of you who might be reading, here's the basic stuff about me. . .

I work full time for a retail company. It's really not a terrible job, but I generally refer to it as retail hell. And prefer to think of it as renting my soul temporarily. Mostly my coworkers are nice and interesting people and I find myself enjoying spending time with them. It just doesn't stimulate me intellectually.

That's why I went back to school . . . Again. I'm about a 1/4 way thru a paramedic science program and I LOVE it. I have plans for more school when I'm done and have worked for a while, but who knows where life will end up taking me.

I've spent all but one of the last 10 summers working at residential summer camps. I miss it and I'm glad to not be doing it anymore. I think, one day I'll go back. Maybe run my own camp. We'll see.

I'm a new home owner, but don't live in my new home just yet. My parents are helping me remodel before I move in. What was supposed to be 2 maybe 3 month project has now taken 9 and we're still working. It's getting closer though.

The snow is really falling now. It really does look beautiful, the snow. Makes me wish I had mountains to look at. I miss the mountains.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Julie VW said...

Your email said this was "on the list for saturday,"

So you can hardly imagine my surprise to see a first official post TODAY! (yipeeee!)

I love it when one of my scams actually works out the way I'd hoped!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home