Friday, January 28, 2005

lows and highs

Back in the day, when I was a unit counselor at camp, I liked to end a day with 'lows and highs'. We'd go around in a circle and tell the low points of our day and the high points. I don't know what made me think of that today, but it got me to thinking about the lows and highs of my week. So here you go. . .

Lows -

  • Worked with him again this week and was too chicken to make a move.
  • Hemolyzed a sample that I drew on a patient who is a hard stick
  • dropped the bag that had my lunch in it - the bottom of the bowl busted and my soup was gone (and it was expensive Panera soup, the really good Broccoli and Cheddar)
  • Forgot to call Tracey on her birthday - Sorry Shroomie!! I was thinking about you though (didn't figure you'd like a 5am birthday wish)

Highs -

  • Made it thru my first 2 clinical shifts, even found a vein on a patient who is a known hard stick.
  • Did my first registry at work and got really high numbers with lots of china (don't ask, I'm a little sad that I'm excited about this, but its a really big deal at work) and was complemented by my boss.
  • Didn't have to work Wednesday night so I got to watch Alias
  • Worked with him again
  • Have the house to myself all evening
  • The bath tub is finally set in my bathroom!! :)
  • Took me far longer to come up with the lows list than this one (and it's shorter!)


1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Julie VW said...

Congradulations on the hard stick! (I'm looking forward to hearing more stories about clinicals)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home