Thursday, June 16, 2005

update

Wow! It's been a while since I've been on here. Where to begin . . .

Vacation was wonderful. I still can't believe it was only a few weeks ago that I was soaking up the sun without a care in the world. Ft. Myers was beautiful and we had an amazing place to stay with an unbelievable view of the beach.

The boy, the one from work who ended up just being a friend, has moved back out west. And the shocking thing, I don't really miss him all that much. I guess you were right Reep, he was just a primer guy ~ just there to get me ready for "the one" when ever he comes along.

School is plugging along. This summer has been a bit of a nightmare. We've had several classes canceled due to poor planning on the part of my instructors (and the fact that the one who runs the program got a different job and is jumping ship at the end of the summer). So we are a few weeks into the hardest part of our curriculum (cardiology) and our instructors are deciding this teaching thing may not be for them. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have an ulcer by the end of this summer.

Actually, I am starting to get this whole reading EKG strips thing. I've managed to make it thru several in a row and get them mostly right (right enough that I could effectively treat the hypothetical patient). And a couple of the medics at the hospital have been really good about helping me whenever I ask.

I have a day off this Saturday!! First one in 27 days!!! I don't have class or work or have to be at the hospital. I do have a family reunion to go to for a few hours that evening, but the day will be all mine!!! As excited as I am about that, I feel like I should be picking up an extra clinical shift or something. Like I'm slacking off if I'm not doing something school related. Oh well, I guess working on my house will fill the void.

Speaking of the house, I've actually been sleeping there on occasion. The shower/tub works and I've got an air mattress on the living room floor. My house is in town, closer to work, school and the hospital (actually within 10 minutes of all three) so the days where I only have a few hours to shower and sleep between the 3 places I just stay there. It's making me more and more anxious to get my house done and get into it for real.

Well, it's getting late and I've hit all the highlights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home